Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bike Ride

As I mentioned in my last post, one of my New Years resolutions is to have no regrets in 2010. I want to look back on this year and remember tons of great new experiences. One of these that I will surely remember is the 8 mike bike ride I just did on Sunday. The trail started in Newbury Park and ended at the beach. For hardcore riders, the hard part is coming back. We didn't even think of doing that. I mean, let's be real: the most in-shape I have ever been is nowhere near that kinds of in-shape. The easy part for the pros was really hard for me. My body was a bowl of jelly by the time I was done. But it was a great feeling. It was a beautiful day and I felt alive. All photos below taken by the Haley family.



At the start of the ride. I'm in purple on the far right. I was soooooo nervous!



This was the first really big hill. I had to walk almost the whole thing. You can see me waiting at the top. I thought I was having an asthma attack, that's how out of breath I was. This was one of those moments when I thought, "I can't do it. Let's go home." But, I kept going...



This was right after that other hill. Can you imagine biking UP this?? I guess many people can, but not me. I'm going to need years of training before I go there. What's funny, is that even though this is downhill, it was still hard! I was afraid of going to fast and falling off a cliff, so I had to ride the brakes hard and ma hands were killing me!



I'm so glad my friend Michelle's dad, Dave, was able to bike and take pictures at the same time! I certainly couldn't.



So pretty and peaceful and rejuvenating. Can't wait to go again on Saturday!



Scarfing down lunch at the beach at Sycamore Cove. I was soooooo hungry.



What a reward for all that work! It was an amazingly beautiful day. January in CA... unbelievable.



Point Mugu, north of Malibu, CA.



Wow. Loving life.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails