Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas, Part 2

Christmas morning, my husband and I woke up early and exchanged gifts. I got him manly things: tools, a compost bin, a video game; he got me house-wifey things: a sewing machine, a toaster, some Glee cds. It was nice to have that quiet time to be together and show our love for each other.


My brother is only 8, so Christmas is extra fun for my family. Just as we were finishing opening presents, my mom tested me telling me that Mateo was awake. We rushed out the door and headed over to their house to see if Santa came.





Santa doesn't wrap gifts, so that makes for some exciting moments when the kids look under the tree. Mateo's favorite was his K'nex roller coaster, which took his dad over 5 hours to put together.





I got my favorite game, Apples to Apples. I am going to try playing it with my students this Friday. I'll let you know how it goes. I also got another super house-wifey gift: a steam mop! It is amazing, even though it is a mop. Cleans and sanitizes with no chemicals. Even cleans up after my messy dogs!





Mike got himself and Mateo fencing swords to re-enact scenes from Princess Bride. Last time Mateo had a sleepover at our house, we watched it and he kept repeating, "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die." So classic.


After eating breakfast (eggs, bacon, and my mom's famous coffee cake... yum), we rushed home to get ready for the next part of our day!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails