Friday, January 15, 2010

I admit it, I am crazy

I am letting you in to see my crazy side. If you must judge me, please do so behind my back. I don't handle teasing so well.

Ella

This is an inspiration board for a baby girl room. Am I pregnant? No. Am I trying to get pregnant? Nope. Amy I a crazy person who makes plans for things way too far in advance because I'm so excited for it to happen one day? Bingo.


Liam, Planes

This is one of the inspiration boards I made for a baby boy room. See, I really want a little girl first. I want a boy, too, but I want a girl first. I know exactly how I would decorate a baby girl room: tons of pink, lots of flowers, butterflies, and dainty things, and white furniture. For a boy room? I'm very torn. I love this airplane theme mostly because of the cute mobile and puffy clouds.


Liam, Trains

I also love this train idea. My favorite part is the wooden train hanging on the wall that also acts as a shelf. I can imagine my (future) little boy growing into this theme and loving all things choo-choo.


        
The star theme was my favorite, but it was quickly vetoed by the husband. He said it was dorky and started sending me pictures of kids' rooms with aliens and spaceships and all kinds of creepy decor.

I have baby names picked out, too. In the back of my mind, I know I shouldn't even be thinking about this stuff. What if I jinx it and end up having trouble getting pregnant? What if I have twins? Wow, that is scary. I just love thinking about the future and imagining what my life will be like in a few years. I like to picture the baby room, all decorated with a precious son or daughter sleeping soundly in the crib. I love that my husband is excited, too, though not quite up to my level, and I know that he will be a great father.

I am enjoying my non-mommy life, though. I cherish moments when I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. I never have to worry about childcare if I want to go out to dinner or think about a baby when I just want to take a nap. While I look forward to the love that only a mother can experience, I also know to live in the now and be grateful for what I've got.

Am I alone in my craziness? Maybe you just have a different kind of crazy?

2 comments:

Genavee said... [Reply to comment]

I do that all the time. Baby names, nursery design, the whole deal. I won't be having kids for another 3-5 years, and like you I really do enjoy my child-free state, but it is just too much fun to plan ahead.

Girl Domestic said... [Reply to comment]

You are NOT crazy! I am clinging to the last shreds of my youth voraciously before I become boring and sensible and trade in my long hair for an easy-does-it mom look, a track suit, and mommy and me. Until then, I will be planning every possible incarnation of my future baby's room with great detail.

Related Posts with Thumbnails