Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day Fun!

We started off the morning with a trip to Starbucks (yum yum) and headed out to San Pedro to my father-in-law's fire station. In addition to fire trucks, they also work on a fire boat and as he is retiring in March, this was our last chance to go visit and take a ride through the harbor. My sister-in-law brought her kids and we had a great time chatting with the seals and soaking in the sun.

 

  

When we got home, we napped for a bit, then took a stroll around the neighborhood as it was a sunny 75 degrees that day. When we came home, the hubby left for the store and I cleaned the house. When he came back, I was greeted with these beauties:

I love my happy gerber daisies!

Soon I got to see what we were having for dinner. We like to cook for Valentine's Day dinner because it is always so crazy busy and expensive going out that night. When I found out what we were having, I was more than delighted.


I know this picture is terrible, but our dinner was beyond amazing: bacon-wrapped Fillet Mignon, Alaskan King crab legs with garlic butter, grilled asparagus, baked potatoes with all the toppings, and of course, red wine (pinot noir is our fav). While it wasn't the most economical at-home meal we've made, it was definitely less expensive than going out for Valentine's Day and we never would have had this quality at an over-crowded restaurant.

Something else adorable my husband did? While I was showering before dinner, he made a CD with all kinds of romantic mushy lovey songs, including our first dance song from our wedding, Jason Mraz's I'm Yours. He put it on right when we sat down to eat and it made everything that much more amazing.

Thanks, babe, for the wonderful Valentine's Day. I love you so much!

Did you do anything special this Valentine's Day?

1 comments:

Genavee said... [Reply to comment]

Crab legs = best valentines day ever. I enjoyed out at-hoe lasagna, but crab sound so phenomenal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails