Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mittelschmerz

Direct translation = middle pain

Male readers, go on to the next post. Female readers, feel free to continue reading...



We all get period cramps, right? Remember, only the ladies are reading. Some women get cramping that is mild to moderate, some women are bed-ridden for a day or two. I'm with the first group. I like to take some Advil to take the edge off on the first day of my period, but I can work and be pretty normal throughout those lovely few days.


Until two months ago, I'd been on the pill since I was 21. I went on it to level out my mood-swings and improve my skin. I stayed on it because I loved being able to control when and how often I got my period. You know you don't ovulate when you're on the pill, right? Well when I went off, I ovulated for the first time in six years. It hurt. It lasted three to four days. It was like a bad period, but without the... umm... gross part. My second cycle wasn't as bad, but I could still feel the slight pain of ovulation. This cycle? Holy crap! I couldn't even stand up straight. I was trying to teach Shakespeare and was practically doubled over in pain.

I LOVE my Advil.

Mother Nature, why must you curse the woman? You give us our Auntie Flo, and as if that weren't enough, you give us this mittelschmerz?? Labor pains are going to be soooo fun...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails