Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiime...

of the year!!

I love me some holiday season. Usually, I forget all about our Christmas cards until I receive the first one in the mail. Then, I end up scrambling last minute trying to figure out when/where/how we'll take our picture and what design I like best from the latest Shutterfly collection.

This was our card from last year:

(find this style here)

My husband set up a makeshift tripod (table with books stacked on top) and we took 20 or so images before we finally gave up. Without a third party there to call the dogs, there is basically zero chance they will be looking at the camera. You can see that the only thing they want to look at was each other (Teddy looks like he's ready for a Ruby snack).

This year, I want to incorporate something personal in our cards, but I don't really want to deal with the whole photo shoot drama. I have something else up my sleeve that I'll share as soon as our cards are received by friends and family. In the meantime, here are some designs that I'm currently trying to decide between:

I love this Vintage Plaid card. I have a soft spot in my heart for plaid.

This card is so colorful and happy! If only those two adorable children were mine to brag about...

I love this classic design. It would work really well with what I have planned!

Shutterfly is also a great place to order holiday gifts for your friends and family! I especially love the wall calendars, photo books,or canvas wall art!

Blogging friends! Want 50 free holiday cards? Click here!

4 comments:

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

I loove Shutterfly too! I always use them and they have all my addresses stored so they can stamp and mail them for me. So easy! I'm trying to think about what I want to do this year too. If you want me to come over and take the picture I totally would love to! I usually make Roxanne or my brother take our picture, LOL.

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

I was checking out tinyprints holiday cards yesterday and they also have a really good selection!

cb said... [Reply to comment]

we are totally thinking of sending out cards this year! we have this erg to go to sears and get some really cheesy pictures done and use those as christmas cards!

xo,
cb

Jakeandjess said... [Reply to comment]

just posted about this! Hmmm choices choices!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails