Friday, February 25, 2011

Another random post

I like these random thoughts posts, so I'm giving you another one.

I got to be in the audience for the filming of the Glee regionals episode the other night. I got to go last year, too, but this year was way better because we got to see all 3 groups perform (they don't sing live, but it is still pretty cool) and we saw 4 songs total. Last year, we only saw one performance, but they did it over and over again. Plus, it wasn't New Directions - for all you non-Gleeks out there, that is the main cast's group. There were also some celebrity guest judges, though you'll have to wait for the show for that bit of info.

I haven't been to the gym in a while. I'm feeling really crumby about it and I'm hoping to get my butt back in gear this weekend.

My week of being a vegan went really well. It was surprisingly easy and I felt really good. I had meat and cheese for Valentine's night dinner, and though I had every intention of going back to being vegan again, I haven't been following the rules since. I think it is just too difficult, especially living with someone who wants to eat animal products.

Secrets from a Stylist premieres tomorrow night at 9pm on HGTV!! It isn't our episode, but I've seen some pictures of the home and it looks pretty amazing. You should definitely watch, or at least set your DVRs if you plan on going out.

We get to go to the press launch party as Emily's guests. I have my outfit all planned and am so excited to get all dressed up and go out with my husband. The party is in Hollywood and while it will probably be raining (maybe even snowing!!), I know it'll be a blast.

TTC update: I haven't had a visit from Aunt Flo since I got it in December after taking Provera. I keep feeling like I'm going to get it and then I don't. I've never hoped and prayed to get my period like this before. I've always wanted to avoid it at all costs. I'll go in to the doctor in a couple of weeks to get the whole clomid thing started. I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'm hoping it works because after reading about what I'll have to do next over at Always Looking for Something New, I don't know if I will be able to handle it. I definitely can't give myself shots everyday.

I actually discussed this with my husband last night and he said he'd give me the shots. So romantic.

I'm so excited for the Oscars on Sunday. I can't wait to see Natalie Portman and I really hope she wins. She's my favorite.

I went to Kohl's today to get some tights for tomorrow and picked a pair that I thought were $10. I only had to pay 81 cents including tax. That is cray-cray.

Off to snuggle with my puppies on this cold rainy night. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Laura said... [Reply to comment]

I'm setting my dvr to record the series. You've turned me on to hgtv I watch it all the time now.

Beth Brakewood said... [Reply to comment]

I'm all excited about see the show...even though I know you barely and virtually, I am still willing to view this as "Someone I Know Is On TV!!!"

I've done the shots for 4 days and the anticipation/fear before the first shot was worse than actually ever having to do it. It's a tiny needle (29 gauge), so it slides in easy-peasy.

It's weird, I know, but I feel like a total bad ass everytime I bust it out and can nonchalantly give myself the shot. My hubs can't even be in the room when I do it (hates needles), so I'm sure exactly who I'm impressing, but it makes me feel like I'm stronger person than I thought I was. Which is sort of the silver lining to going through this whole infertility-treatment thing. It's shocking how much I can handle. At least to me.

And there are a lot of people who have the husband give the shot, even if the wife doesn't have a problem with it. It helps them feel connected and part of the whole thing. And he can do it the back of your upper arm, which means you don't even have to see it.

Either way - fingers crossed that clomid will work just fine. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails