Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza: Part 1

It's my second day being a 28 year old and while I'm not really happy about being a year older, I am super happy because I had one of the best birthdays that I can remember.

Last week I got really sick. My husband was terrified that the weekend he planned would go down the tubes, so I took a couple of days off of work and started taking chewable vitamin C by the handful. Even though I wasn't 100%, we left on Friday after he got off of work with high hopes and a full agenda.

One of my requirements for the weekend was that I wouldn't have to make any decisions. I hate trying to decide where to eat or where to stay, so my husband took on the task of making all the decisions for the whole weekend. He did a pretty darn good job.

On Friday night, we stayed at the Inn at Morro Bay.



It was pretty late by the time we got there, but we hadn't eaten dinner yet, so we went to the lounge at the hotel and listened to the live jazz band while munching on some yummy appetizers. We ordered a margherita flatbread, caprese salad, and oysters. The caprese was one of the best I've ever had.


My husband was kind of bummed that he couldn't get a room with one king bed, but we slept amazingly in our two separate doubles. Plus, we got in a little cuddle time in the morning.


In the morning, we had breakfast at Frankie and Lola's which was reviewed as the best breakfast joint in town.We had to wait a bit for a table which, but with a view like this, how could we mind?

I got "Da Bomb" breakfast sandwich which was... well... da bomb dot com. Here's how the menu describes it: Da Bomb - two eggs broken, served on grilled sourdough with cheddar, bacon, lettuce, tomato, aioli and 
hot sauce if you want it. So yum.

After breakfast, we got in the car on that beautiful Saturday morning and headed to Paso Robles!

Stay tuned...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails