Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Image from Nadja Seale via Pinterest

What are your plans for the weekend? I want to be this girl. So beautiful and carefree...

Don't forget to watch Secrets from a Stylist tomorrow at 8:30pm on HGTV! Did you watch last week? Emily did her first bedroom and it was awesome. I'm in love with the headboard she used for the first look - it was a huge slice of tree - but she said it was $1,100!! Needless to say, they had to switch it out for a more affordable option for the final look. This week the show changes to just one look and I'm excited to see the new format!

Since so many of you commented last week that you like posts about design (and I've sort of hit a wall in that department), I thought I'd tell you a little bit about some of my favorite design blogs so you can do a little browsing this weekend!

Design Sponge - if you don't already know about this site, you've been missing out. They post several times a day and have the best inspiration around for designing the perfect rooms. They also have posts on flowers, food, and DIY projects. My dream is to be featured as one of their before and afters!

With Two Cats - Lauren also blogs for Spearmint Baby and her adorable little girl Violet has one of my favorite nurseries. She makes the most beautiful inspiration boards for her readers and I love her fresh perspective.

Moggit - While this might not be the site to gather inspiration for your own home, it is hilarious and Joy and Janet come up with the funniest commentary for the strange items they find.

Style by Emily Henderson - As host of Secrets from a Stylist on HGTV, Emily is a designer like no other. She has a knack for mixing vintage thrift store finds with more contemporary pieces to create a collected, lived-in look. Watch her show and then check her blog where she spills even more secrets and resources.

Young House Love - You have to check out this blog by John and Sherry featuring their adorable daughter Clara and cuddly pup Burger. They are all about the DIY and I learn so much from them every week.

Design Mom - Gabrielle Blair has six kids and a husband and moved them all to France for the year. She throws the most beautiful parties and her kids make the most creative Christmas presents for each other every year. Not to mention she shares her great eye for design for the home and more!

Anna White - Anna is known for her catalog-quality furniture plans, but more than that, she is now building a duplex for her mother and mother-in-law! I am amazed at her mad skills.

Lay Baby Lay - First, check out little Vivian's nursery. Fall in love. Then, subscribe to the blog for a regular dose of super cute inspiration boards for the coolest nurseries ever. You won't be disappointed!

Spearmint Decor - I honestly don't know how Shari does it! She has five fabulous blogs that she updates regularly (Spearmint Baby, Decor, Kitchen, Weddings, and Money), she has little kids, AND she's super fit and adorable. I want to be her when I grow up.

I hope you get a chance to check out these amazing blogs and if you do, let me know which are your favorites! If there is an awesome design blog that I missed, tell me about it and I'll check it out!

3 comments:

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

I might need your help in the design department soon. Trying to re-do our living room. And we're re-thinking that couch. Hmm.

Morgan said... [Reply to comment]

Yay, some new blog reads! I'm always on the look out for more inspiration, and there's a few on your list that are new to me, so thanks for posting them!

Hope you have a great weekend too!

turtle girl said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Amy! I wanted to recommend another blog to you. It's my friend, Bianca's. She owns her own terrarium business and blogs about gardening and other design topics. Seems right up your alley! Here's the link: http://terriplanty.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails