Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm a BEE!

The first blog I ever read (well, as least the first one I can ever remember reading that I actually knew was a blog) was Weddingbee. It's an amazing site where all different women, and even a couple men, blog about planning their weddings. When I was planning my wedding, I used to keep the site open as a tab on my browser and refresh it any time I had a free minute to look at new posts. It is an incredible resource for any bride, but I especially loved it because so many women had amazing DIY ideas and inspiration that I totally stole... ahem... borrowed for my own wedding.
After our wedding, I started reading the personal blogs of ladies whose weddings I followed and through comments and twitter, became sort of online friends with some of them. It has been amazing to have this new support system over the last couple of years and I'm so grateful for the community that Wedingbee creates between it's bloggers and readers. The only bee I've met in real life is Cathy, aka Mrs. Penquin, who is now WB's editor in chief! She's an absolute doll and we had such a great time at waterbar in San Francisco this summer. She was actually the first person to see us after we became pregnant, though we didn't know it yet.

I had always wondered if the creator of Weddingbee, Bee Kim, or Mrs. Bee, was going to start a parenting site. People were always buzzing about it on the WB boards and twitter and I anxiously awaited the day when she would launch one. Well, that day has come and I am SO incredibly excited to be a part of the first generation of Mama Bees to blog for Hellobee!

I am Mrs. Tic Tac Toe!


Read my very first post on Hellobee here!
Related Posts with Thumbnails