Thursday, June 3, 2010

Speaking of books...

I read quite a few design blogs daily (and quite a few mom blogs... and twenty-something blogs) and one trend I've been taking note of lately is bookshelves organized by color.




Isn't it pretty? This last one made me want to try this in my own home.


The way Design Mom coordinated her accessories with the books on the shelves is simply stunning. Oh wait... one of those accessories is a baby!

This is what our bookcase looks like:


Not so glamorous, right? Well, I plan to change that very soon... stay tuned!

What inspires you when decorating or designing your spaces?

2 comments:

Genavee said... [Reply to comment]

I love the look of color organized bookcases, but I can't imagine how anyone can actually find anything on them. Maybe I'm just too linear.

Amy said... [Reply to comment]

I have no rhyme or reason to the way my bookshelves are organized, except maybe size, so the color thing doesn't really make a difference in my ability to find things. It would just be pretty :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails