Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Design Fantasy: Office

I'm obsessive. I always have something to obsess about - something that I think about constantly and talk about incessantly. When we first put an offer on our house, I became obsessed with home design. When my husband and I got engaged, my new obsession became planning our wedding. After the wedding, I became obsessed with all things baby. You see where this is going...

Ever since we made it through the first round of casting for the design show, I cannot stop thinking about it. It has completely taken over my brain. I imagine what she would do to each room and what I would wear for filming and that I would get my hair done that week and maybe ask my friend Kristine to do my make-up and.... yeah, I'm pretty insane. To help me stop obsessing, I decided to blog about what I would love to see in each room. Who am I kidding? This will just feed the obsession...

Oh, by the way, the application says to focus on one room, but I think they might do more than that, as they asked for measurements for all the bedrooms and the living/dining room. They definitely don't do kitchens or bathrooms, which stinks because we could really use some help there, but I am not complaining!!! I'm over the moon to just have real nightstands in our bedroom!

I'm starting with my design fantasy for our office. Here is what it looks like now:


Please ignore the mess...


I love the sage green paint color and big desk. I also love that there is room for a guest to sleep, though I hate that futon with a passion. 

Here's my wish list:


We need curtains that provide more privacy. The ones we have now are decent, but they are completely sheer. If someone sleeps in this room, they have to change in the bathroom and wake up to sunlight streaming through the windows.

I also love how this desk from made by girl comes out from the wall with two chairs on either side. This way there is space for more than one person at the desk, and also room for me to spread out my fabric when I sew. Right now I sew on the dining room table.


I really want a wall of built-ins. I love the library look in this room from design sponge.


I have coveted these organization systems from pottery barn forever. I love having a place for everything, even if everything is not always in its place.


This twist on the typical memo board is so fresh and unique. I'd also love that laptop in my new office! Hold the cat. We like dogs, not cats.


Once we trash that horrible futon, I love to have something like this daybed from west elm (via design sponge). I like how it functions as a couch, but the bed part is flat, not folded like a futon. It would be even better if it could accommodate a full sized mattress.

They say the reality is never as good as the fantasy, but I have a feeling in this case it would be quite the opposite. Next up: Design Fantasy: Guestroom.

3 comments:

Kristen said... [Reply to comment]

Built-ins: big thumbs up. That daybed: LOVE IT! Not liking cats: shame on you (unless you're allergic).

Genavee said... [Reply to comment]

I love the first inspiration image. Normally I'm a bold color girl, but the soft colors and lovely texture is beautiful. I hope you get on the show!

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

Very nice! I like your taste!! I would love for someone to redecorate our house. I'm so excited for you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails