Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Roller Coaster

My mom, brother and I went to Fresno this past weekend to visit my grandpa and the rest of our family that lives there. One of the most prominent land marks that we pass on the way there and back is Six Flags. We always try to find the rides that are going and watch them in their ups, downs, and loopdy-loops. Speaking of roller coasters, I've been riding one of the emotional variety lately.

Found here.

The biggest drop happened yesterday morning at work and I ended up sobbing uncontrollably to our poor school secretary. That afternoon, I decided to find out if therapy (of the psychological variety) is covered under my insurance. It is! Yay! Now I'm calling around to find one that fits for me and my needs.

You might be thinking I'm overreacting - one emotional breakdown doesn't mean I need therapy - but I've actually been meaning to do this for a while. I used to see someone when I was in high school and I really feel like I need that objective third party to help me learn how to deal with life. I can get very overwhelmed and very over-emotional and sometimes mildly depressed and I'm not afraid or opposed to talking to someone who might be able to teach me how to better myself. I know that therapists don't solve problems, they help you learn how to deal with them.

Design show update: we made it through the next round of casting! Hopefully, we will know for sure in the next week or two. The anticipation is killing me!!

2 comments:

katherinebee said... [Reply to comment]

I'm unfortunately the same way - life is overwhelming to me and it helps to have someone who isn't my husband to talk to. Hope things work out and good luck with the rest of casting!!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

This post makes me sad :( Call me! I am a good listener :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails