Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fashion Notes

I'm not a fashionista. I get into ruts and wear the same three outfits over and over until I find something new to live in. I can sometimes be a risk-taker, but as a high school teacher, I feel limited because I want to maintain authority over students who aren't that much younger than me. When I was a freshman in high school, my best friend and I were the first at our school to wear capri pants. And they were PLAID capri pants. That was a risk, but we were in high school, not teaching it, and I liked to be weird. Thank goodness the whole capri pants trend stuck around for a while.

I didn't realize it at the time, but we totally looked like golfers.

Lately, I've become obsessed with dresses, tights, and boots. I have decided that I only want to wear dresses to work as I now hate pants. I'll wear jeans, of course. They are comfortable and versatile and easy, but no more black pants or pin striped pants or whatever. I always feel happier and cuter in dresses anyway, so why not take the leap and go all the way?

L/S Wrap Dress
$655 - lagarconne.com
Wrap dress »
Petites Floral Cluster Dress
39 GBP - missselfridge.com
Floral print dress »
Cute 1940's coat
$530 - karenmillen.com
Coats »
Costume National Riding Boot
$915 - barneys.com
Cap boots »
LEATHER ROUND TOE RIDING BOOT
450 GBP - uk.burberry.com
Flats shoes »
Teal 80 denier tights
5 GBP - dorothyperkins.com
Dorothy Perkins »
40 Denier Opaque Tights
4 GBP - monsoon.co.uk
Opaque stockings »
Created at Polyvore, not my clothes.
I have an obsessions with riding boots. I had one brown pair that took me 2 years to find and purchase and last winter I wore them every other day. Yesterday, I bought a black pair, something I tried to find in Australia, but couldn't. Now I have two pairs of riding boots so I'll probably be wearing them everyday this fall/winter/spring until I can wear flip flops again.

I am also expanding my dress collection. I want to have enough for two weeks (I'll wear jeans on Fridays) so I can mix and match with tights and accessories and create many different outfits. I bought a pair of teal tights like the ones in the collage above, but I'm a bit nervous to wear them to work. Do you think I could pull it off?

2 comments:

Jakeandjess said... [Reply to comment]

oh yes you can! do a neutral like brown or cream. ohh cream dress, tights, and your brown boots. LOVE. Get inspiration online...as you know my new fav thing. I don't think I've worn the same thing any day this school year since I started looking for inspiration from online blogs. Makes the dark mornings seem a little bit brighter!

Jakeandjess said... [Reply to comment]

ps check out kedi everyday. I think you could wear and get inspired by her style...

http://www.kendieveryday.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails