Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#reberb10: Beautifully Different

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

Hmmm... well, I think... a lot. I get a sense that most people go about their days, making decision after decision, without much thought about it all, but I reflect on everything. Sometimes this can be a good thing - in teaching, for example, reflection is necessary to ensuring my methods are working. But other times, this constant thinking can get in the way of me having fun. Instead of going with the flow and being carefree, I over think everything and end up not having as much fun as others.

Do I do anything that lights people up? I'm not sure...

Does all this make me beautiful? I don't think so...

1 comments:

Erin said... [Reply to comment]

But Amy, your thinking is a valuable asset to me, and I am assuming others as well. When I was preggo and coming to your room all the time, you always had a thoughtful response to whatever was troubling me. Your thoughts helped me out...can I say they "light me up"??? umm, I don't know, maybe. Your thinking may get in the way, but you wouldn't be you without it...beautifully different!!!???

Related Posts with Thumbnails