Friday, December 3, 2010

#reverb10: Moment

Ali Edwards

Ali Edwards

Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

I was in Australia and had just finished walking through the Royal Botanic Gardens. Following the path to the left, I realized I had stumbled upon the best view in the city. My camera had run out of batteries and my global phone didn't have a camera, so I had to do my best to imprint the scenery in my memory. I sat on a rock with the waves of the Pacific Ocean splashing at my feet and looked at the view of the Harbor Bridge and Sydney Opera House. The sun was shining, warming my face as the cool breeze of the ocean tickled my neck. There were some high school age kids nearby by posing for pictures and a couple with their cute little girl watching her play. Once in a while a jogger would go by and I envied them as they probably got to see this amazing view daily. The ocean became bluer the farther out I looked and I was tempted to just dive in a go for a swim to taste the salt of the sea. Later, I told my husband that day was the best day I had on the trip. Now I realize it may have been the best day of the year. I was truly at peace.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails