Friday, January 14, 2011

T Minus Three Days

Emily, her assistant, and the contractor came over yesterday. I have to admit, I have been holding out hope all along that they were going to open our kitchen to our living/dining room and redo the kitchen as well. Well, today made me realize I need to kiss that dream good-bye. It's not going to happen. I can tell by the way they're talking. Oh well. I'm still totally excited to see what they do with our space.

By the way, Emily is so freaking awesome. I know, I know, you've heard it from me before. But, seriously. She is so amazing. She walks in, gives me a hug, asks about my holidays and my day at work. Sits on the couch and puts her feet up. Chats about the dogs, begs to meet them (I knew they would jump on her pretty outfit and embarrass me, so I kept them outside). She is just so nice and genuine and COOL. I wish I was that cool.

I have decided to have an Open House type gathering on Sunday the 23rd after our final reveal. If you're curious to see what they did before the show actually airs (I won't be posting any pics until after our episode airs in the Spring), come over any time after 4pm to check it out! We'll have some wine and snacks and lots of stories, I'm sure. If you need my address, just email me at amyc83 at gmail dot com.


This photo was in Emily's latest blog post. This is what she said about it: 

"YES.  Total Bachelor pizad.  And such a good one.  I think this was by Roman and Williams - those rad designers in New York.  Tell me if I'm wrong.  This one has been in my dude files for a long time, and is the inspiration for a house coming up - well 'his' layer of it anyway."

She is definitely talking about our house. I think.

Oh, you want a list update? Twist my arm...

If the item is crossed off, like this, it is DONE! If the item is in italics, like this, it is in progress. If the item is bold, like this, I am really not looking forward to doing it.

House things...
1. Take down Christmas
2. Organize desk and office closet *tomorrow*
3. Organize master bedroom closet (husband's stuff)
4. Organize guest bedroom closet (my stuff)  *YAY*
5. Empty writing desk 
6. Organize entertainment center
8. Clean out telephone junk drawer
9. Organize coat closet and upper cabinet *tomorrow*
10. Clean out refrigerator/freezer
11. Organize bar junk drawers
12. Organize kitchen cabinets
13. Organize laundry room
14. Organize hall closet *tonight*
15. Organize mail sorter 
16. YARD WORK *husband will take care of this tomorrow morning*
17. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN *We have kept it very clean since Tuesday when our helper came!

And my dumb vain things...
1. Manicure with gel color (so it will last the whole week)
2. Eyebrow tint and wax *appointment made*
3, Hair cut and color *appointment made*
4. Outfit planning (3 days of filming means 3 cute and flattering outfits) 
5. Makeup lesson (from my friend who did my makeup for my wedding) *appointment made*
6. Teeth whitening (at home with strips)
7. Diet *CSA veggies are helping*
8. Exercise *going to the gym every single day*
9. Magic dog training  *dogs won't be filmed which makes me a little sad, but very relieved*


Last night, my husband said that he can tell I've lost weight - WOO HOO! I don't weigh myself because I don't want to be discouraged by a number, but I have been feeling a lot better about myself lately, so that is awesome.

1 comments:

katherinebee said... [Reply to comment]

I am so so bummed I can't be there for the reveal - you are living my HGTV dreams!

Related Posts with Thumbnails