Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I want my mommy

Read all of my Spearmint Baby posts here.

This cycle wasn't the one, but the good news is my doctor has already prescribed me Clomid for the next one so I don't have to worry about my insurance changing over. I'll start taking it on Friday and about a week later the terrible side effects will ensue while I try to feel sexy enough to do the baby dance.

Mommy and baby birds on our front porch


However, today has made me think about what having a baby is really going to be like. At about 2am, I woke up tossing and turning and with a terrible sore throat. I wasn’t feeling great yesterday, but I thought it was just my period making me feel gross. Nope. I was wrong.
From about 2:30am to about 10am, I threw up ever hour. I had the worst head and body aches and my throat was killing me. As I was moaning in misery, I kept thinking about how I would be able to handle being sick while caring for a baby. Sure, I’ll have my husband to help, but how will I be able to be the mommy when all I want is for my mommy to take care of me?
What about those times when the whole family is sick? What happens when the kids are puking and wanting you to comfort them, but you’re too sick to sit up?
I’ve taken care of my little brother when he has been sick and I can handle it if I’m healthy (my mom used to have to run the vacuum in the other room while I threw up in the bathroom when I was little because she had such a terrible gag reflex, even when she was healthy), but if I’m also sick, I don’t know how I would be able to handle it.
What about you? How do you handle being a parent when all you want is someone to parent you?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails