Friday, October 7, 2011

14 weeks



I felt the baby move for the first time this week! It was really cool. I've felt it a couple more times since then, but it is so subtle and usually really hard to notice unless I'm very still and quiet.

Every three weeks I go to therapy and the office is near a mall that has an Old Navy with a maternity section. So far, Old Navy has the only maternity clothes I like. I feel like regular maternity stores are much too expensive for the quality of clothes they carry. I also feel like the style is a bit old lady-ish. Gap maternity is a little too expensive for me and I don't love much of what they have. I like some things at Target, but the selection in stores is so limited. There are online options like Loft and Asos, but I guess I'm cheap because everything is too expensive! I did find one dress at Asos that I'd love to wear for my baby shower, but it's a little to early to be buying an outfit for that. Anyway, every time I go to therapy, I go to Old Navy maternity and pick up Wood Ranch takeout. I'm suffering from a bit of a food coma tonight.

I've had a brief break from the headaches for the past couple of days, for which I'm grateful. The daily headaches were getting old there for a while. However, my back has started hurting in one spot. I really need a new desk chair for work, but I don't want to have to pay for it. Shouldn't they have to give me a normal desk chair? The one I have now is all wood and stationary.

I'm planning on telling my students next week after my doctor's appointment. It's starting to get harder to hide my growing belly and I'm ready for everything to be out in the open. I am nervous for how they'll react, though. I don't want them to think I'm abandoning them.

I feel like I'm always tired and always hungry. That's normal, right? Haha.

5 comments:

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

I can't believe how much you are showing since the last I saw you, you've totally popped!! If I saw you on the street, I'd know you were preggo. I wonder if your students have already guessed. I remember getting awful headaches in pregnancy too, they can be debilitating. Hey, we had Wood Ranch take-out last night too! The Asos Maternity dress is SO cute!!

Jill said... [Reply to comment]

Yes it's normal to be tired and hungry all the time. And if you plan on nursing, this doesn't change. My little one is 3 months old and I'm STARVING all the time. Literally eating breakfast, 2nd breakfast, lunch, 2nd lunch, 3rd lunch, dinner. It's crazy.

Casey said... [Reply to comment]

I know what you mean about those headaches... uhg. Now you have me totally jealous of the bump! And we just found out ours are twins yesterday! I imagine I will get a big ol' bump soon!

Cameron said... [Reply to comment]

glad your headaches are a little better. you should totally make them get you a new office chair. are you still unionized even though you're at a charter school now?

2 said... [Reply to comment]

I love your belly pics! I look forward to them every week :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails